TeenFest Foundation Mission Statement
Develop and nurture teen community leaders by serving as a conduit to teen leadership experiences with local and state coalitions, specifically in the areas of substance abuse prevention and violence reduction.
TeenFest Foundation History and Organization
TeenFest Foundation began in 2004 as an idea for an annual community talent showcase where youth perform original works heralding substance-free and violence-free themed messages. The planning coalition desired to engage the participating teens year-round in leadership activities relevant to the TeenFest event theme. In November, 2007 TeenFest Foundation became a charitable project that is fiscally sponsored by the non-profit organization United Charitable Programs, a registered 501 (c)3 public charity. The TeenFest Foundation executive leadership is comprised of professionals from various state and local non-profits, government agencies and media.
- TeenFest Teen Partners – Teens affiliated with TeenFest partner agencies and help plan and implement various projects. They volunteer at TeenFest(ival), contribute to the TeenFest Newsletter, participate in TeenFest TV, and volunteer in the community.
- TeenFest(ival) – Annual, free, public health education event held in the spring of each year and featuring workshops and a talent showcase.
- TeenFest TV – Teens and adults discuss topics relevant to teen behaviors. These segments feature TeenFest Teen Council members and topic experts engaging in open, honest conversation about teen issues, and offering practical suggestions on how to meet challenges. Click the TF TV button below for video clips.
- TeenFest Radio – Click the TF Radio button below to hear original music by our TeenFest performance troupe members.
- TeenFest Performance Troupe (TFPT) – TeenFest(ival) annual winners comprise the Performance Troupe. They perform their winning messages and other original materials that support the safe and drug-free communities theme. TFPT is sought by a variety of organizations because of their positive messages, high energy and wide audience appeal.